There are causes of oily skin that you can control and some that you can’t. Your oily skin could be heredity. You can not control this so there is no point discussing it further. There are factors that are controllable, but still quite hard to control. Examples of these are hormone balances, stress levels, quality of sleep and the environment you live in (eg the weather).
The best thing to do is to be proactive and consider the factors that you have more control over:
- Smoking causes many health problems and one of these is the effect on skin.
- Diet is also very important to maintaining healthy skin. A poor diet can cause breakouts of oily skin.
- The amount of water you drink is one factor that is easy to change, which could lead to an improvement in your skin.
- Consuming too much caffeine can aggravate oily skin.
- Birth control pills- If your birth control pills are causing you to have skin problems then you should speak to your doctor about it and see if it may be worth trying out a different type of pill.
- Your make-up products could be causing your skin to be more oily. Try out different products until you find what works best with your skin. There are makeup products designed for oily skin but not all of them work well with everyone. Trial and error is key.
There are simple changes you could make to your life to improve the health of your skin. Check out the rest of the site for handy tips on how you can treat your oily skin.